Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pamper Me!

While in Taiwan, I had two separate pamper me experiences. The first was at the night market where I received a foot massage. It was actually quite painful, according to the massues, I had a lack of sleep. If you are in good health it should be less painful. I just thought, we were walking too much and my feet and lower legs hurt. But all of the pricking and beating of ligaments was well worth it - my feet and legs were revived.

I also received a shampoo and style at this new salon in Taiwan, Phili. Chu-Ting recommended it to Mary and I. The salon was very nice and upscale. They offered us tea and coffee as we waited. There was a personal flat screen tv at every station. The shampoo was the best part of the experience. The seat was more like a flat bed and there was a post in the middle of the bowl to hold your head. They also covered me with towels. In addition to the shampoo and condition, I was given an elaborate head and neck massage - very relaxing, many people went to sleep in the dimly light room.

Although, they attempted to style my hair much differently than the US. I was very pleased with the work, despite my anxiety. My hair was so thick to the designer or other people wanted to try to do my hair because it was much different that three stylist worked on my hair. In fact, they wanted to take a picture with me! Too bad they did not get a before and after. And too bad for me that I had to put my hair in a ponytail because of the humidity outside. :-(

Oh, most importantly, this only cost me 200 NT, that is equivalent to $6 dollars - tip included. The foot massage cost 400 NT or $12 dollars. The salon was newly open and I think the prices are lower as they establish more clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment